What is going to happen with the Civic Center?
The proposal for a new Community Wellness Center is still in the very preliminary phases. On July 22, 2019, there was a second community meeting regarding the feasibility of this project, and the consultants presented 3 different design concepts based on the feedback they received from the community at the first meeting.
At this point, nothing is set in stone and no decisions have been made. More information can be found by clicking here.
Why choose this location?
Other locations were reviewed but it was determined that the existing site was the best choice because:
- The City already owned the land so that reduces project cost.
- The location is central to most of the schools in the community providing greater access.
- The site is on the service line for Windrider giving broader access to those with transportation challenges.
- The site is within walking distance of our Downtown area which helps to promote downtown vitality and local businesses.
- The site has great access to outdoor amenities like the Bandshell, Yellowstone River and trails.