2020 Pool Season
Protect Yourself and Others from COVID-19
DO: Play it safe around and in swimming pools, and keep space between yourself and others
There is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the water. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (with chlorine or bromine) of pools should kill COVID-19.
Swimming and other water-related activities are excellent ways to get the physical activity needed for a healthy life. If you are not sick or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, it is safe to use swimming pools as long as steps are taken to reduce the spread of COVID-19:
Pool Season: June 15 - August 21, 2020
Operations Update as of July 10, 2020
Face coverings are required in the facility (pool house/on deck) for any persons age 3+
Maximum family swim capacity is 60 persons
Daily Pool Schedule
Responsible Person(s) Permission Slip
COVID Pool Modifications
Please call the Livingston Recreation Department for information and questions regarding the pool
City Pool Desk 823-9535*
*this phone is in operation during Pool Season only
What we offer:
Lap Swimming - Open to ages 15+ or with Parent Supervision/Approval from Pool Manager
COVID Modification: No more than 12 lap swimmers will be permitted in the facility at a time. All swimmers MUST check in at the pool desk and physically sign in. Patience is important during this time as we can serve 1 person at a time.
- Lanes are first come, first served - no saving lanes
- Swimmers must stay in lanes, please no swimming across lanes
- If all lanes are occupied please split the lane if 2 swimmers; 3+ "circle swim"
- Designated Lap Swim time is for just that, lap swimming - no other swim related activities permitted
- Please no loitering at the pool
Calm Waters Swim "No Splash"
- A time set aside for families with children to work on swimming skills in a quiet setting.
- Instructional materials will be available online and at the pool house for parents to reference while working with their child(ren) in the water. Certified instructional staff will also be available on-deck for questions and clarifications of materials.
- Children MUST be accompanied in the water by a parent/guardian or responsible person over the age of 14. Responsible persons must have a signed permission slip on file with the City Pool for the 2020 season.
- Additionally this time may be utilized by families and individuals that may benefit from a calmer, no splash environment.
- Diving Board is NOT open at this time.
Replacing L3+ Swim Lessons and Junior Aquatics for Summer of 2020 due to COVID concerns
- Available for children ages 8-15 years or children in Learn-to-Swim lessons L3+. This time is designated for fitness swimming and/or stroke development time.
- Swimmers will swim the width of the pool and have access to kickboards.
- L3+ lesson plans will be provided for parent/guardian or responsible person to coach their child(ren) from the pool deck.
- Certified instructional staff will also be available on-deck for questions and clarifications of materials.
- Diving Board is NOT open at this time.
COVID Modification: No re-entry permitted; all patrons must pay for entry; pool will operate at 75% capacity at all times. 6' social distancing will be required on pool deck; mask wearing will be encouraged on pool deck; locker room changing areas will not be available, however toilets, sinks, showers and infant changing table will remain accessible.
- Children under 3 are not allowed in the pool without an adult or responsible person.
- Children under 14 are not allowed at the pool without adult (18+) supervision or a Responsible Person (person age 14-18 years with signed pemission slip on file).
- Only adults are permitted to enter the pool area and not swim, all children are either expected to swim or leave the premisis.
- The pool staff, management and recreation staff reserve the right to ask anyone to leave the premisis for the day, week or full season based on witnessed behaviors.
COVID Modification: Class sizes may be limited to ensure social distancing. Materials may not be shared between class attendees.
Tuesdays/Thursdays 6-7pm and Saturdays/Sundays 10:30-11:30am
$5 per class or $50 for a 10x punch card
The class is 60 minutes in length. In this fun filled fitness class instructor uses exercise in the water to tone and strengthen muscles, relieve tension and stress and improve range of motion. This class provides a full body workout. You will perform exercises, stretches and activities in both shallow and deep water.
The City of Livingston may be required to close due to mechanical problems, inclement weather, or other incidents.
Inclement Weather Policy
The City of Livingston Pool is an outdoor recreational facility and therefore is subject to weather conditions. For the safety of our facility users and staff, the City of Livingston Pool will monitor weather conditions daily and may be required to adjust the pool schedule accordingly.
Inclement weather may include (but not limited to) any of the following conditions:
- air temperatures of 60 degrees or below
- enough wind to cause limited to no visibility under the surface of the water
- thunder and/or lightening
- poor air quality due to wildfires
- Dry land lessons may be held for Preschool - Level 4
- Should lessons need to be cancelled, the City of Livingston Pool staff will make every effort to contact the participant(s) by phone and will post reminders to 'Livingston City Pool' Facebook page.
- Open swims and other classes/activities may be postponed or cancelled.
- In the event of thunder and/or lightening, the facility will be closed for a minimum of 30 minutes from the last sighting/hearing. Refunds are not issued as a result of unscheduled pool closures due to weather.